Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Social Volunteer Award is presented to recognize exemplary voluntary contributions by young individuals in the service sector. It aims to encourage youth to engage in meaningful voluntary activities. This award reflects the exceptional array of individuals working in our nation's vibrant charity and non-profit sectors.
Eligibility Criteria for Social Volunteer Award
- The volunteer must be an Indian citizen.
- The volunteer should be at least 11 years old and not more than 35 years.
- Minimum six months of volunteering experience, by either working or running an NGO, or contributing to society positively in your unique ways.
- The person should meet a minimum of three Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) through the volunteering activities.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Community Excellence Award is presented to the outstanding functionaries to recognize their unwavering voluntary contributions to society. The award is to celebrate the non-government non-profit organizations or communities’ efforts and reinforce their practices in our society. The award also encourages greater participation from the young individuals to work in their community and beyond, for the nation's development.
Eligibility Criteria for Community Excellence Award
- The organization/community must be registered in India or headed by an Indian citizen.
- Founded or/and currently running with Indian citizens below the age of 40 as Board members
- If an NGO, it must be registered under any of the government acts.
- The activities of the last two years will be mainly considered for the award.
- Organization or the community should be focused on youth-led developments achieving sustainable development goals, providing aid for the well-being of under-privileged communities, and building support mechanisms for their upliftment.
- The organization/community should meet a minimum of three Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) through its activities/projects.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Social Impact Award identifies impactful projects that inspire a whole new way of bringing about a ‘change’. The award will recognize those wonderful projects that were rooted in an honest purpose to bring about sustainable development.
Eligibility Criteria for Social Impact Award
- An initiative by an NGO/Community/Individual(s) ( In case of NGO/Community, it must be registered in India or headed by an Indian citizen ).
- The project must be at least 60% completed.
- The beneficiary of the project must be any Indian community, as a whole or a section of it, rather than a specific individual.
- The project should meet a minimum of three Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Uniqueness and innovation of the idea, primary purpose and immediate beneficiaries of the project, scale of success in terms of development in the community, etc. will be evaluated.